In Partnership with the Regional District of the North Okanagan
Everyone in the world lives in a watershed! Do you know what one you live in?
In our Watershed Exploration program learn what a watershed is with our hands-on watershed model. The watershed model is a tabletop plastic landscape where students are able to experience first-hand how nonpoint source pollution is created and moves into streams via stormwater runoff. Using this model, we will present an engaging demonstration to teach students what a watershed is and how it can be affected by pollution from humans. Students will know what watershed they live in and take part in an activity to highlight the importance of clean water for all creatures.
Available for Kindergarten to Grade 7.
Have an ABNC Interpreter visit your classroom for a 1-hour Watershed Exploration Program.
Length: 1 hour
Cost: $35 base fee + $75 per class. *Out of City Limits: $50 base fee and mileage charged at $0.60/km*
(Ask us about virtual options)
Watershed Exploration Rental Kit
Rent our Enviroscape Watershed Model for your classroom! The rental kit includes the watershed model, all equipment and supplies, as well as instructions and additional learning resources.
Cost: $100 for a 2 week classroom rental
Covid-19 Health and Safety Policies (In-class Visits)
- Presenter will perform a daily health check. They will not work if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 or are sick.
- Presenter will wear a face mask at all times.
- Students are asked to wear face masks at all time.
- Presenter will follow proper handwashing, sanitizing and hygiene protocols. Hand sanitizer will be used before
touching classroom equipment.
- Presenter will sanitize surfaces before and after laying out props.
- Students will not be allowed to touch props/ natural materials due to the difficulty of sanitization between classes.
Materials that are required to be touched by students will be disinfected before next use.
- Staff will maintain physical distancing from students, when possible.
- ABNC will not visit a school that has a confirmed Covid-19 exposure, within 7 days of the exposure date. The
program will be rescheduled or cancelled.
- ABNC will return to a school 7 days after the exposure, provided that the Interior Health Authority has cleared the
school to have guests in the building.
- In the event of an outbreak in a school, ABNC will reschedule or cancel the program(s).
- If the school would like to rebook ABNC will need confirmation from the Interior Health Authority that the outbreak is over.