Allan Brooks Nature Centre Covid-19 Response
July 1st, 2021
Allan Brooks Nature Centre Board of Directors, staff and volunteers would like to sincerely thank everyone for their incredible efforts as we continue to navigate Covid-19. Most importantly, our thanks and gratitude to all the essential workers for keeping us safe and healthy.
Out of respect for our staff, volunteers, and community, we are asking that guests with flu or cold-like symptoms please stay home. We look forward to welcoming you another time.
Allan Brooks Nature Centre Site:
Face Masks are required for visitors while inside the Centre buildings. Staff will continue to wear face masks indoors.
ABNC is following the BC Health Directive from the Chief Medical Officer – Dr. Bonnie Henry. Please adhere to all mask-wearing where applicable.
ABNC staff will continue to monitor the number of guests that enter Front Desk Services, Nature Shop, Habitat Room and Discovery Rooms, to comply with current restrictions, but to also ensure your visit is not crowded, as space is limited.
We are not limiting the number of guests on the trails, but ask that all guests continue to follow social distancing guidelines.
The use of the picnic shelter tables is free for all, but we ask that guests maintain distancing from visitors outside of your party. If that is not possible we invite you to use the tables we have placed around the site for your convenience.
Hand Sanitizer/Washing station:
We have a washing station located on the west side of the building for your use, and we have hand sanitizer located at the entrance and inside the Interpretive Centre for your convenience.
While visitors are onsite, we ask that you adhere to physical distancing strategies. Please follow all signage including floor markings and on-trail distancing reminders.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
In order to open the Allan Brooks Nature Centre on a daily basis, we are taking strong measures and following government guidelines to ensure a healthy and clean environment.
- Increasing the frequency of our cleaning processes at Allan Brooks Nature Centre with special attention to high-touch surfaces such as handles, light switches, handrails, restroom stall doors, and sinks.
- On-site signage to promote adherence to physical distancing measures.
- Limiting the number of people who can be in indoor facilities at a time.
- Team members adhering to physical distancing, proper hand washing and cough etiquette practices.
- Reinforcing socially responsible sick leave policies and requiring team members to stay home if sick
- Strict protocols for reporting illness, self-isolation and/or self-quarantine