Instructions for Parents
What is Needed?
- Full day camps require a packed lunch
- Half day camps require a healthy snack
- Please pack “nut free” lunches!
- Programs will go ahead, rain or shine – please come prepared for the weather!
- Wear supportive walking shoes
- Bring a hat, jacket and water bottle
- Apply sunblock before bringing your child to camp
Please note – children must be toilet trained to attend camp.
Covid-19 Health and Safety
We have updated our policies and procedures to ensure that your children can continue to attend our nature summer camps safely. View our full Nature Summer Camp Covid-19 Health and Safety Policies here.
Our policies for summer camps will include:
- Individual storage space (“locker”) to keep lunch and personal belongings separate from others
- Increased amount of time and activities outside
- Frequent and monitored hand washing and sanitizing
- Daily cleaning procedures of the facility
- Adjusted pickup and drop-off procedures (outside) to reduce parents gathering
- Daily health assessments on drop-off. No one with symptoms will be allowed in the camp.
- Camps will be kept separate from the general public visiting the Interpretive Centre.
Family Information Form
The Family Information Form is required to be completed once per year. Your booking is not finalized until both payment and Family Information Form are received.
- Requests for cancellations must be made more than 1 week (7 days) before the start of the camp session to receive a refund, minus a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations with less than 1 week (7 days) notice may not be eligible for a refund.
ABNC may cancel camp if enrollment numbers are not met. Full refunds will be given.
At Allan Brooks Nature Centre we work to create a safe, inclusive environment for everyone. Our staff use positive reinforcements, empowering language, and friendly reminders of what appropriate behaviour looks like, sounds like, and feels like. When conflicts arise, we guide children through conflict resolution discussions so they can develop empathy and interpersonal skills. When necessary, staff will discuss with parents/guardians strategies for improving behaviour.
However, in some cases a Camp Leader may need to remove the child from the camp. Parents/guardians will be asked to pick up the child immediately. A refund will not be given in this event. Examples of behaviour that will result in removal include (but are not limited to): violence to themselves or others, bullying, damaging property, refusing to follow safety rules, repeatedly running out of sight, or continued disruption of the program.
Send a Kid to Camp Fund
At the Allan Brooks Nature Centre, we want all kids to experience the joy that time in nature can bring and grow up with a connection to the natural world.
Our Send a Kid to Camp fund allows us to help all children experience summer camp and has been made possible thanks to our generous donors. If you would like to apply for funding assistance with the Send a Kid to Camp fund please contact [email protected]
Nature Summer Camps
2022 Nature Summer Camp Tickets are on sale now!
Allan Brooks Nature Centre offers 4-day long nature camps through July and August! Each week our camps will be offered Tuesday – Friday. Half day and Full day camps available, with late pick-up options.
Get your children outdoors this summer with hands-on, fun-filled learning at Allan Brooks Nature Centre! Children will learn about our local ecosystems and wildlife through outdoor lessons, play, crafts, games and activities!
- Registrations must be done online.
- First purchase your tickets to camp. This can be done easiest by viewing the events calendar and then clicking on “Get Tickets”.
- You can add multiple tickets (camps) to your cart before checking out.
- Once tickets are purchased, please fill out this Family Information form. It must be filled out once per year.