Nature Summer Camps
2023 Nature Summer Camp Tickets are on sale now!
Allan Brooks Nature Centre offers 4-day long nature camps through July and August! Each week our camps will be offered Tuesday – Friday. Half-day and Full day camps are available, with late pick-up options.
Get your children outdoors this summer with hands-on, fun-filled learning at Allan Brooks Nature Centre! Children will learn about our local ecosystems and wildlife through outdoor lessons, play, crafts, games, and activities!
Covid-19 Health and Safety
We have updated our policies and procedures to ensure that your children can continue to attend our nature summer camps safely. View our full Nature Summer Camp Covid-19 Health and Safety Policies here.
Our policies for summer camps will include:
- Individual storage space (“locker”) to keep lunch and personal belongings separate from others
- Increased amount of time and activities outside
- Frequent and monitored hand washing and sanitizing
- Daily cleaning procedures of the facility
- Adjusted pickup and drop-off procedures (outside) to reduce parents gathering
- Daily health assessments on drop-off. No one with symptoms will be allowed in the camp.
- Camps will be kept separate from the general public visiting the Interpretive Centre.
Send a Kid to Camp Fund
At the Allan Brooks Nature Centre, we want all kids to experience the joy that time in nature can bring and grow up with a connection to the natural world.
Our Send a Kid to Camp fund allows us to help all children experience summer camp and has been made possible thanks to our generous donors. If you would like to apply for funding assistance with the Send a Kid to Camp fund please contact [email protected].
This Growing Up Wild day camp is for children ages 4 and 5 to explore the wonders of nature. These are half-day camps that run from 9 am – 12 pm. Themes change weekly.
The Nature Explorers day camp is for children ages 6 – 9 to discover more about our natural world. These are full-day camps that run from 9 am – 3 pm. Themes change weekly.
The NEW Nature Scientists day camp is for children ages 8 – 12 to explore the sciences of nature. This is a full-day camp that runs from 9 am – 3 pm. Only one week is available!
What You Need To Know
- Registrations must be done online.
- First purchase your tickets to camp. This can be done easiest by viewing the events calendar and then clicking on “Get Tickets”.
- You can add multiple tickets (camps) to your cart before checking out.
- Once tickets are purchased, please fill out this Family Information form. It must be filled out once per year.
- Full-day camps require a packed lunch
- Half-day camps require a healthy snack
- Please pack “nut-free” lunches!
- Programs will go ahead, rain or shine – please come prepared for the weather!
- Wear supportive walking shoes
- Bring a hat, jacket, and water bottle
- Apply sunblock before bringing your child to camp
Please note – children must be toilet trained to attend camp.