***Facility Rentals are currently limited due to Covid-19 restrictions on gatherings and events.
The Allan Brooks Nature Centre offers a unique setting for your private event or business meeting. Located just minutes from downtown Vernon, the Centre is an escape from the usual boardroom or banquet hall and offers plenty of outdoor space, a private classroom, a picnic area, breathtaking views, and privacy with nature. Corporate Members receive 1 free facility rental per year of either the Classroom or Picnic Area, with access to the Interpretive Centre and Grasslands Trail, at no extra charge.
Facility Rental Amenities at the Nature Centre include:
The Ken Barton Learning Centre Classroom
• Suitable for business meetings, lectures, workshops
• Includes 4 long tables and chairs to seat approximately 16 people, a large flat screen TV and Wi-Fi, and access to indoor washrooms
• No alcohol is permitted
• Cost is $100 an hour
Covered Picnic Area
• Suitable for outdoor meetings, family gatherings, birthday parties, family reunions, private dinners
• Includes 4 medium sized picnic tables under cover with a capacity to seat 24 people, with an additional 2 large sized picnic tables (not covered) with a capacity to seat 16 people, for a total of 40 seats available, and access to indoor washrooms
• Incredible views from on top of the hill overlooking the Commonage are of Vernon and Okanagan Lake
• Cost is $200 for up to 3 hours, and $75 per hour after 3 hours
• A propane BBQ is also available to rent for a additional $75, for the duration of the facility rental
- Suitable for wedding ceremonies, presentations, musical performances and lectures
- The ground is naturally sloped much like a theatre providing an excellent view of the main feature
- There are 12 permanent benches in place that seat approximately 96 people with room for additional chairs as needed or as an alternative seating option (chairs not provided)
- Breathtaking views of the grasslands in a private outdoor setting
- Power is available and extension cords are provided
- Additional temporary portable washroom rental fee will be added (indoor washrooms can not accommodate large gatherings), please inquire
- Our parking areas can accommodate a maximum of 25 vehicles with overflow parking available along the laneway.
- No alcohol is permitted in the grasslands. A designated area must be confined to a particular space on site and detailed in the special occasion license obtained
- Additional event insurance is required for weddings – please inquire for more details
- Cost is $500 for up to 3 hours
The Allan Brooks Nature Centre also offers nature themed Birthday Parties as part of our programming. Give your child a fun filled day outside that will make their birthday unforgettable!
- Non-profit rates are available, please contact email@example.com
- The Interpretive Centre will be closed to visitors for private facility rentals, unless an arrangement is made with staff in advance
- The walking trails are open for visitor use but guest must remain on designated trails and not walk through the grasslands
- Vehicles are permitted to park temporarily in the round-about to drop off or pick up guests or supplies, but must be moved to the designated parking area as soon as possible
- All prices are subject to PST
- We recommend a visit to the Centre to view our facilities in person for the most accurate information to suit your needs
- In the event that additional equipment and supplies are needed that may affect the ground and plant life such as tents, ABNC staff must be consulted in advance
- Throwing flower pedals or rice and use of plastics for decoration such as balloons are not permitted. ABNC abides by a “leave no trace” policy and encourages environmentally friendly choices for all event activities
Please read the complete list of Visitor Rules and Guidelines to familiarize the conditions around visitors attending the Nature Centre.
For more information and to book your facility rental with the Allan Brooks Nature Centre, contact Centre Manager Cheryl Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org