Join us at Allan Brooks Nature Centre for a one hour workshop on “Bat Basics” with our Bat Ambassador, Alexis Olynyk. Learn more about what makes these nocturnal mammals so fascinating and important! After the presentation, we will drive to a private location 30 minutes away for a formal bat count with the “BC Bats” organization! We will be counting bats until it is too dark to do so (approximately 10pm).
**IMPORTANT** There is limited parking available for the live bat count, so please ensure one member in your party registers with [email protected] that you will be attending the bat count, and how many people will be in your vehicle.
Everyone in the group does need an event ticket, but only one person (with the vehicle) needs to register their vehicle for the bat count at [email protected].
Things to keep in mind:
- The bat count is weather dependent. If the weather does not meet certain criteria, we will reschedule this portion of the event to a different night.
- You will need to have your own vehicle to drive between the two locations.
- We encourage you to bring a light snack/ drink to enjoy during the presentation.
- Pack your own lawn chair and blanket to get cozy while we wait for the bats.
- Children 12 and older are welcome! This is an exciting opportunity for them to participate in real research or “citizen science”!
Non-member tickets HERE
Member tickets HERE (additional member discount will not be applied at checkout)