We are always looking for good people like you!
The strength of Allan Brooks Nature Centre is in our volunteer supporters and donors, in fact we couldn't do it without you! We are grateful for the many hundreds of hours of volunteer contributions we receive each year, which helps to sustain our public programming, bringing nature interpretive experiences, events and programs to life for youth and their families in our community. Even a small contribution can make a big impact at ABNC. And there is a wide range of opportunities for those wanting to make a contribution. We provide orientation and training for all new and returning volunteers throughout the year. If you would like more information or to express your interest in current or upcoming opportunities, please give us a call 250.260.4227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration - we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply Now on our online form or download our Volunteer Application and email it to email@example.com.
Volunteer Jobs Available:
- Educational Assistant/ Nature Interpreter: Assists the education coordinator in the setup of presentations and speaks to groups about a variety of nature-related topics.
- Public Events: Assists the event coordinator in preparing for, setting up, hosting and taking down special events; represents the Nature Centre at on-site and off-site events.
- Garage Sale Crew: Helps with site preparation & take down, sorting, and displaying of donations, bargaining and other tasks required to run our Mega Garage Sales in May and September.
- Visitor Services/ Front Desk: Welcomes visitors as they arrive, builds on knowledge and understanding of the Nature Centre and promotes enjoyment of nature.
- Photographer: Photographs special events, activities and nature for record keeping and promotional use.
- Grounds & Garden Maintenance: Assists in the upkeep of the grasslands, trails and grounds of the Nature Centre.
- Office Support: Provides administrative support with general clerical duties.
- Building Maintenance: Assists in the upkeep and maintenance of the Nature Centre buildings and assists with equipment maintenance.
- Volunteer Stewardship Program: This is an event based program where volunteers will learn about and assist us with identification and management of invasive plants on our grounds. There may be additional volunteer stewardship opportunities as well.